BREATHING APPARATUS COURSE
CAPACITY : 12 Seats
DURATION : 12 Working days
OBJECTIVE : To impart training in Breathing Apparatus for the Fire service Personnel who are very often required to carry out rescue as well as Fire fighting Operations in an atmosphere which does not support life. The Breathing apparatus being highly sophisticated life saving equipments, requires specialized training for its users for saving lives and property.
- Age : Should be between 20 and 40 years.
- Educational and Technical Qualifications :
- 1. Should have passed Matriculation or its equivalent examination preferably with Science subjects.
- 2. Should have passed at least Sub-officers' course from N.F.S.C.
- Physical Standards : Physically and mentally fit for strenuous training
- § Height : Not less than 165 cms.
- § Weight : Not less than 50 kgs.
- § Chest : Normal – 81 cms,
Expanded – 86 cms.
COURSE CONTENTS :
Physiology of Breathing and Circulation of Blood, General Requirement of Breathing Apparatus and their functions, Practical use of Breathing Apparatus, Maintenance, Recharging, Testing and Fault Finding in Breathing Apparatus. Signaling, Supervising Procedure during operational use of Breathing Apparatus. Use of Guy Lines and Tally Boards, Study of irrespirable Atmosphere, Effects of Hot and Humid Atmosphere, Assembly of sets and wearing procedures